The Mayor and Board of Trustees hold public meetings monthly. Meetings begin at 8:00 P.M. and are held in the Lawrence Village Hall, 196 Central Avenue, Lawrence, NY 11559 unless otherwise noted.
The Village of Lawrence is governed by an elected Mayor and Board of Trustees. Our current Mayor is Alex H. Edelman. The Board of Trustees consists of 5 members including the Mayor.
In addition to their elected duties, each Trustee is assigned an area of Village government to oversee and act as liaison to the Village Board.
Members of the Board of Trustees are as follows:
|Alex H. Edelman||Mayor|
|Michael A. Fragin||Deputy Mayor|
|Syma F. Diamond||Trustee|
|Daniel J. Goldstein||Trustee|
A distinctive characteristic of our Village is the fact that all members of the various Boards and Commissions serve without compensation, including the Mayor and Board of Trustees.
Those serving in these positions are volunteers in the truest sense of the word and their only reward is in the contributions they make to keep Lawrence the vibrant, safe, beautiful Village it is today.
Listed below is the Official Village Family:
- Ronald Goldman - Village Administrator-Clerk/Treasurer
- Gerry Castro - Deputy Village Administrator
- Lina Fusco - Deputy Village Treasurer
- Daniel Vacchio - Building Department Superintendent
- Golf Course Manager
- Robert Daniels - Superintendent of Public Works and Highway Dept.
- Donald J. Buchalter - Village Justice
- Peter Bee - Village Attorney
- Lloyd Keilson - (Chairperson)
- Elliot Moskowitz
- Edward Gottlieb
- Aaron Felder
- Danny Hiller
- David Seidemann - (Alternate)
- Joel Ganz - (Alternate)
- Geri Gindea - (Chairperson)
- Mordy Sohn
- Noah Fleschner
- Benjamin Lopata
- Michael Pinter
- Jacqueline Handel - (Alternate)
- vacancy - (Alternate)
- Benjamin Sporn - (Chairperson)
- Barry Pomerantz
- Barbara Kupferstein
- Seth (Uri) Ottensoser
- Myrna Breitman - (Alternate)
- Shoshana Weinstock - (Alternate)
- Philip Kerstein - (Alternate)
- Howard Siskind - (Chairperson)
- Jacqueline Handel - (Vice Chairperson)
- Martin Levi
- Francine Sicklick
- Barry Mayer
- Marc Gelbtuch
- Moe Blinder
- Randy Green
- Sheldon Genack
- Aaron Parnes
- William Henry
- Paris Popack
All correspondence for the various Boards or Commissions should be addressed to:
Village of Lawrence
196 Central Avenue
Lawrence, NY 11559
Overall administration of the Village is the responsibility of the Village Administrator Ronald Goldman. The Administrator also serves as Clerk-Treasurer, and Receiver of Taxes. The office is located in the Village Hall and can be reached by telephone at (516) 239-4600 ext.1010 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.